Friday, August 19, 2011

Reunited and it feels so good...

I am in the best mood! And have been all week! Atlanta is becoming bearable. In fact, bearable enough that I considered, although for only about 90 seconds, postponing my move to Bogota and making my trip in December a vacation instead. I've been busy all week and the time has flooowwwnnn by as a result. Had an unexpected dinner with some great gals on Tuesday, dinner on Wednesday with my family (which was SO fun), and made a trip to Athens last night to finally be reunited with my roommate from D.C., Diana, and Caro. They spent most of their summer in Colombia so we couldn't hang out :-/ ... but  we certainly made up for lost time last night! Dinner and bar hopping downtown Athens. Something I did all of 10 times my entire college career at UGA. Now that I've graduated I feel like I have time to truly realize everything UGA has to offer, instead of studying or working all the time and missing out on stuff. I expect to go to my first UGA tailgate this year (been to a game, but never a REAL tailgate). In general, I anticipate being in Athens a lot! Ash and Nari are going back to FAM, so they won't be around, and Syd is going to Spain for the semester. Everyone else in Atlanta will have class and homework and/or boyfriends, so it looks like Athens will be the place to be. Now that I have Rosie (the new Honda), we'll be hitting 316 pretty often. She's so good on gas. Gotta love her. Of course, I'll look forward to the weekends Caro and Diana want to go out in Atlanta too LOL. Less driving for me. For about an hour on Wednesday I actually considered not going to Athens last night because I didn't feel like packing. I'm so glad I went. The only other time I've had that much fun in Georgia since I graduated in May was for Andrea's birthday. Can't wait to see what the rest of 2011 has in store for me!

D

No comments: