Sunday, August 14, 2011

A: What I want.

It's 4am on Sunday morning and the weekend is almost over. I officially did nothing on my weekend off. Yes. I had an entire weekend off. No work. No photoshoots. No MODEL26 stuff. A completely free weekend. I could have gone to the pool. The beach. I could have done absolutely anything and what did I do? Nothing. Nada. Literally. I haven't left the house since I got home from work on Friday at 6pm. I mean I did some private conversational English tutoring, but that really doesn't count.  I did get some edits from my last photoshoot. Sidenote: Is photoshoot one word or two? Because they keep putting little red dots under it.This is my new fave picture of myself. Photo credit to Brian K. Fuller Photography and make-up credit to his wife. They were so much fun to shoot with and I got some great images. I prefer not to be airbrushed, but así es la vida. 
I talked to a girl I met in San Diego (best city in the U.S.) tonight (or last night?) and she told me to keep her informed about my next adventure. And it got me to thinking, this is my next adventure. This is a totally new chapter in my life. This whole summer/fall-just graduated-what am I gonna do next? adventure is happening right now. I watched a movie (per recommendation of a friend) this past week and one line has become my new motto. "Q: What do you do? A: What I want." ... Do whatever you want. Whatever makes you happy. And once it doesn't make you happy, then stop doing it. Don't think about it (unless of course it is completely idiotic). Just do it. I've decided to live by this advice as well. 


No comments: