Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday

Well it's Saturday afternoon, which means I'm not working :-) I also didn't have to work this morning (Toni needs me to work 5-8:30, which is shorter than 8-1 so no complaints). Last night I went to a lounge/club thingy (Just Cavalli or Cavalli Hollywood, something like that) with a friend (despite being exhausted and already bailing on another friend because I'd been declining an invitation for weeks :-/). It reminded me a lot of Vanquish in Atlanta, if you have ever been there. I'm satisfied with Milan nightlife. I am, however, unsatisfied with the metro, which stops running at 12:30. It could at least run until 2:30 or 3 on Friday and Saturday because taxis here are not cheap, not that I pay for them all the time, but if I did I would be annoyed.

In other news, the youngest boy in the house is sick. This is just great since my immune system is pretty much nonexistent and I'm out of Airborne (which I honestly don't think works anyway. I don't even know why I bought it). It's only a matter of time before I'm sick (again). I also found out that Toni doesn't think I can load a dishwasher or fold clothes. I offered to fold the laundry since Benni is sick and she has a headache and she goes, "No no no. I'll do it!" But I insisted on helping, so she said, "Just wait for me and I'll help you." I thought, "I don't need help folding clothes." LOL Last night after I loaded the dishwasher she came in and laughed and started taking things out. I said, "I guess I'm not good at loading the dishwasher." "Yes, I've seen that. But I appreciate the gesture." haha Needless to say I'm not asked to do laundry or dishes, which works in my favor lol.

So the day after I bought a new coat the temperature jumps 20 degrees. I am trying to convince myself that I'm not upset because I needed a good coat anyway. We are going to the mountains the last week of February and it will be much colder there anyway. The sun has been out 2 days in a row, which is a big deal in my opinion. Ok, I need to wrap this up. I have to teach in an hour and I'm still in my PJ's!

No comments: