Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Going Through the Motions

So I heard through the grapevine (or is it greatvine? Well Google Chrome is giving me a red squiggly under that one, so I guess it's grapevine...who cares. It's a silly saying anyway) that some folks have been anxiously awaiting my next blog post. So many questions floating around out there...What is she doing?? Where is she going?? What's the plan for the week?? Well, I'm still in Atlanta. LOL I was in New Mexico for a week, where I started to use Tumblr, which is the reason why I haven't posted on here in a while. Tumblr is cooler, I suppose. You can follow me there too (deecepiece.tumblr.com). If you're looking for life updates, however, you won't find them there. :-/ Just photos, quotes, videos, etc. Short posts.

I suppose I don't really have an exciting life to share any new super cool updates. Honestly, I can only write when I am really inspired, which is why I have not pursued a job as a freelance writer. I enjoy writing, but only when I want to and when I can write about what I want to write about. In fact, the pressure to write here for my devoted fans (hehe) is too much pressure LOL. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say. Sometimes I write and just don't do anything with it. LOL.

Here is a quick life update:
Yes, I am still struggling with that whole "What am I doing in my life to help others?" thing right now. I mean I have a job, and I'm doing MODEL26 stuff, but I don't really feel like I'm doing anything. It's quite frustrating. I spent an entire week in another city, so that eased my withdrawal symptoms from not traveling for a bit, but by next month I'm sure I'll be feeling them again. In general, I haven't really been thinking about the future much. I only look at my financial planning spreadsheet about once a week (which is a dramatic decrease from about 4 times per day). I turned in my Fulbright application for 2012-2013, and I guess maybe I'll fill out some grad school applications soon, but in general I feel like I'm just going through the motions again. I suppose that also contributes to my lack of inspiration to write. Maybe things will get better soon. Sorry to be a Debby Downer!

You know...on a tangent...there are two things that really grind my gears:
1. Unnecessarily difficult captchas. First off, who came up with the name captcha. That's stupid. Secondly, how am I supposed to read that????

2. "Your username or password are incorrect"...well is it the username or the password??? JC!

This has been giving me the giggles for a few days:


No comments: