Saturday, March 31, 2012

Random Thoughts About Milan

1. When I'm on the metro sometimes I cross my legs really tight and hold my breath for a bit so i don't take up so much space.

2. I think I should start pretending I don't speak Italian...or maybe I should just be deaf...because something about me must say, "Please come talk to me for half an hour even after I just told you I have an appointment to get to.

3. You can do anything in this city if you are "molto simpatica" and "bella." It is the most bizarre thing I've ever witnessed in my life. People have literally told me, "Don't worry about it. You have a beautiful smile and you are really nice. I like you. I trust you." Ma scusami! What does that have to do with anything??? LOL It would be so easy to be a con artist in this city. Seriously.

4. Everything is so much closer than it looks on the map...and the ATM site is almost always wrong. Stick with Google maps.

No comments: