Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hawaii: A Blog Post

So today is my fourth day in the Aloha state (what a horrible state nickname if I may say so myself). It was a fun journey out here. Since I was on a buddy pass, I didn't have a confirmed seat on any flights. I got out of Atlanta to LAX on my first try, and spent the entire day at LAX trying to get to Hawaii. I ended up staying in L.A. for the night and hopped on a plane to Lihue on Monday afternoon. It was dark when I got in on Monday evening, but it was much warmer here than in Atlanta...or even L.A. I took a taxi to the resort (they don't call it a hotel *shrugs*) and grabbed a bite to eat at the resort bar. I tried to wait for my dad to get back from work, but I passed out at 1am EST (which is only 8pm here). As a result, I was up at 3:30a the following day. As a matter of fact, today is the first day I woke up at semi-normal hours. I slept in till 7a or so.

Coming out here was one of the best decisions I've made in 2011. Life in Atlanta was just moving too fast. Work. Dating. Hanging out with friends. MODEL26. It was just too much. There is nothing I can do out here. Well other than MODEL26 stuff and relax. It's so much easier to hear God out here. Ya know, when there's no one else to talk to. I barely get a phone signal in the room, so I only talk to people when I'm sitting out on the porchy thingy. When I'm planning for our February fundraiser, organizing volunteers for our gift wrapping fundraiser, working on a grant application, etc etc. Other than that, I'm pretty inaccessible. Like now, no phone signal.

The weather is great. Not too hot, unless there's no breeze and the sun is beaming down on you. It's been raining on off...and by on and off I mean it rains for 120 seconds then it stops. That happens about every 2 hours. Sometimes it actually rains a whole 10 minutes. I haven't left the resort. I've just been enjoying having the back door open and listening to the ocean all day. Tomorrow and Saturday I think my dad and I will go do some sightseeing. I went to the beach once. I got in the water but the waves were doing too much. It made me seasick just sitting in the water. LOL

About an hour ago I walked out to the rocks. I took a book that I didn't end up reading. That's all I took, which could have been a bad idea had something happened to me. The water was hitting the rocks pretty hard and I was in a maxi dress and rubber-soled Havainas, which got really slippery once I stuck my wet feet back into them. Once I got out to the rocks I realized that it was (highly) possible that I could get injured while walking around out there. Well with my coordination plus the uneven terrain and slippery shoes, I was an accident waiting to happen. The thing is, when you're as impulsive and reckless as I am you don't really take the time to think about things like that. Anywho, once I got out there I just sat on a rock and stuck my feet in a little pool of water. I talked to God for a bit. Then I just sat there. I didn't do anything at all. ...


              ....          i watched the crabs. have you ever noticed how fast a crab moves??? guess i would move that fast too if i had that many legs.

                                          ...    i looked at my feet, and first thought about how much I needed a pedicure...then I looked past my feet and noticed that I could see straight to the bottom. .......



I thought that maybe the water wasn't salt water...ya know, because it was so clear and all. So I stuck my finger in it to taste...it was salt water. LOL

..  ..  ...  .... I sat out on those rocks till the breeze stopped and I started to feel like I was frying.



i dont take a lot of photos. i mostly just let my mind remember.
Lord knows I needed these moments. To really reflect and analyze what my next move is gonna be. Well after I get settled in in Milan of course ;-)

No comments: